It's time for a change. I'm not saying that I've 'let myself go' since having Boychild but I have relaxed things somewhat. Don't misunderstand me, I will not leave the house without washing my hair and doing my make-up but the wardrobe has slipped somewhat. Therefore I have made a decision that back to work is my 'New Year' and things have got to change.
1) Weight Watchers. Got to be done. Still a good 12lbs heavier than pre-pregnancy and I wasn't exactly svelte before then. At least 24lbs heavier than on my wedding day which was less than 3 years ago. Going to be 40 in 3 months time. I refuse to be this fat and 40!
2) Dress for work. After spending the last year in stretch jeans, comfy shoes and hoodies, I need to smarten up. My job doesn't need suits (positively frowned upon!) but smart jeans, heels, jackets and funky shirts are in order. That and ensuring I am not wearing something sporting baby vomit, baby snot or dried milk.
3) Good underwear . Finally bought some new bras last week. Ones that fit rather than the preggy one-size-bigger efforts I was slobbing about in, but the pants....well, I know comfort has suddenly become more important than style but I'm way too young for granny pants on a daily basis. Once back to work, a lunchtime visit to M&S without a buggy will definitely be a priority.
4) Ditch the maternity nighties. Probably too much information, but considering I slept pretty much naked for years and in the cold I might have found an oversized t-shirt, since Baby Boy was born I have stuck with the shapeless, long maternity nighties. Not sexy. Not attractive. Certainly not conducive with maintaining nocturnal activities with Husb.
5) Listen to some PROPER music. Knowing all the words to the song on 'Baby Jake' is not cool and won't cut it in the office. I cannot wait to have the time to listen to my beloved ipod again. It's been turned on twice since I had Boychild.